Technical Skill Building
- Six different right hand techniques for jig time playing
- A clearer understanding of often confusing terms like: jigs, slip jigs, slides, triple jigs, double jigs, etc.
- How to count jigs, slip jigs, and slides
- How to adapt fiddler-style ornamentation to your jig tunes:
- Grace notes
- Octave Substitutions
- An experiential understanding of “modal” playing and tuning strategies
- A clearer understanding of time signatures, specifically “jig time” signatures like: 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
- Ten new tunes!
Here are the tunes you’ll learn and use as examples throughout the course:
- Haste to the Wedding
- Old Woman at the Well
- New Rigged Ship
- Banish Misfortune
- Drops of Brandy
- The Butterfly
- Neil o’ Sullivan’s Slide
- Danny Ab’s Slide
- Brigg’s Corn Shucking Jig
- Old Time Minstrel Jig
When You Complete the Course
You’ll have all the skills you need to effortlessly add any jig time tune to your future repertoire!